26 February 2014
As of late I've realised how much less time I spend thinking about what I wear, probably because I haven't had any time for it. In any case, this is quite a departure from what I used to be. Working in fashion can sometimes make you feel like you need to try hard to make it so that other people notice your style.
For the last 3 or 4 years since I started working I have been getting further and further from this idea, seeing how the way you feel in your clothes and how you wear them makes up at least 75% of your look. The other 25%, and also important, is buying good quality, classic pieces. And it is this perfect balance that we see in the picture above – Dominic Cooper wearing a subtle everyday look, which is actually really stylish and crazy cool.
If you think this style has nothing to do with you simply don't try it – and maybe find another blog because mine will be ultra boring for you – but if, like me, you'd be happy to make this your day-to-evening work uniform here is a simple recipe to replicate it yourself. Jimmy Choo's are not essential, but a bit of croc never hurt anyone.
08 February 2014
If you read Fashion, Frankly regularly you will know by now that if there is a particular item I can never have enough of in my wardrobe that is shoes of any style. I tend to buy an average of a pair a month, which keeps me cheeper for a few weeks and normally doesn't hurt my credit card too much.
This month I wanted to find a pair of Nike sneakers I could wear in the winter. I love my Free Run's and Roshe Run's but they simply aren't a good fit for the cold London temperature. That is why these Janoski Mid Wool style couldn't be better. With a wool upper part, sturdy sole and cork insole they really insulate my feet from the winter weather. Because they are made of such an unusual material for sneakers they add great texture to my classic clothes. The striking red sole is also an easy way to inject some colour into my dark(ish) looks.
As well as in brown, they are available in a beautiful shade of grey, also with the red sole. They're both a perfect match for your blue jeans but look fantastic with black and grey too. You can get them here.
06 February 2014
A few months back, I popped by the Clarks SS14 presentation to have a look at the new propositions from the British brand for the upcoming season. Before I rave about my favourite styles, you must know that I am a shoe-junkie, more specifically, I am hooked to desert boots – you can't simply have enough. And it's precisely desert boots that Clarks have mastered through the years. My personal choices from the SS14 line are the brown Beeswax leather (1) and the suede Sand Multi (2), which will look great with your Spring light blue jeans, and the Wolf Suede (3) and the Denim suede (4) models – perfect with your beige, camel and khaki chinos.
I am also loving their Desert London Beeswax (5), which is the perfect hybrid of dress and casual with an aged effect great for the new season. Something similar happens with the Fulham Limit (9), which combines a casual scalloped sole with the smart brogue detailing injecting a bit of fun with the contrast laces.
From their sportswear propositions my favourite is the Tanner Surf (7), which combines embroidered leather, suede and a cork sole to keep it comfortable and light.
And finally, my absolute favourite style of the season – the Grimsby Craft (6 and 8) in tan leather and black. It has this vintage flair that reminds me of the Italian coast (think Jude Law in The Talented Mr Ripley). As the proud owner of a pair, I can say they are as well made as they are light and comfortable, which makes them the perfect multi-ocassion Spring shoe.